A sneak peek at Loveology University’s “Boundaries & Taboos” course. Learn more at www.loveuniv.com.
“Boundaries & Taboos” course synopsis:
Sexual taboos exist in most cultures, and this course identifies the behaviors and fetishes that have been or are currently considered outside of ‘normal’ sexuality in various societies, including nudism, prostitution, incest, cheating, multiple partners, sploshing, piercings, public sex & much more.
This course follows SMART learning objectives (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Phased). By the end of this course, students will understand and be able to:
1. Identify at least five (5) research findings from the Loveology University Sexual Boundaries Survey.
2. Differentiate between the terms hooker and sex worker, and explain how language creates stigma.
3. Name the ways in which the LGBTQI community has been harmed by the ‘taboo’ of homosexuality.
4. Explain the risks of anal penetration.
5. Summarize the reach and results of the 1873 anti-pornography law in the U.S..
6. Identify at least five (5) benefits to legalizing sex work.
7. Define BDSM and give at least three (3) examples of BDSM activities.
8. Define compersion and its role in polyamory.
9. Examine at least five (5) paraphilias.
10. Develop an actionable plan for couples looking to push their own sexual boundaries by engaging in behavior they consider taboo.
11. Identify the legalities of polyamory and polygamy in the U.S. and around the world.
12. Identify the most and least sexually active cultures and explain how they illustrate the globally disparate views about sexual taboos.
13. Explain the Westermarck Effect as it relates to incest.
14. Understand the reasons that people cheat on their partners and identify at least three (3) findings from Loveology University’s Cheating Survey.
15. Learn about cultural reactions to nudity in the U.S..
COURSE WORK FORMAT:
BOUNDARIES & TABOOS Narrated Multimedia Presentation Video (1hr 25m)
BDSM & Role playing: Erotic Confidence For Women With Kinky Desires with Mistress Minax (1hr 12 minutes)
Ask The Expert – Paraphilia & Fetishism with Dr. Hernando Chaves (24 minutes)
2. Final Quiz – 25 questions (about 30 minutes)*
*If you are enrolled in our Certified Love Coach Program, Certified Master Sexpert Program or Certified Relationship Coach Program, you will be required to take an exam of 100, 50 or 30 questions respectively with a combination of multiple choice, true false and essay questions. A passing grade is 80%.
Students will be able to apply the knowledge and skills learned in this course for their own practice as relationship coaches, love coaches, wellness coaches, intimacy coaches, and other professional specialties such as educators, sexologists, counselors or therapists.
This course meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 3 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Please note that AASECT applies these credits on an individual basis, and LU cannot guarantee AASECT membership based on the completion of any LU course or program. Visit AASECT for more details: https://www.aasect.org/
This course is eligible for credit at the American College of Sexologists towards the 300 hours required for membership. Please note professional life experiences are also eligible for academic credit as determined by the discretion of the ACS International board, including researchers, documentary filmmakers, authors, adult toy retailers or other entrepreneurs in the field of sexual health and pleasure. Visit ACS for more details: http://www.americancollegeofsexologists.org/
This course is eligible for 3 CE credits – AASECT CE provider number: 18-916-LU
THIS IS AN ONLINE COURSE AT LOVEOLOGY UNIVERSITY®