A sneak preview of Loveology University’s ‘Dating’ course. Visit www.loveuniv.com for more information on all LU programs and courses.
“Dating” course synopsis:
This course studies the ritual of dating throughout history and across global cultures, with a focus on how dating works within modern society. Practical information about how and where people meet, the art of conversation, compatibility, the role of sex, dating with children, dating after divorce, dating at different life stages and more provides individuals and coaches with substantive resources to help single clients navigate their romantic lives.
This course follows SMART learning objectives (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Phased). By the end of this course, students will understand and be able to:
1. Identify three (6) questions to ask a client to determine whether they are ready to date.
2. Differentiate between at least five (5) negative personality types that an individual on the dating scene might encounter, and how to identify them early.
3. Name three ways that single people can meet new potential partners.
4. Explain four (4) dating rules and how they lead to more successful, open communication.
5. Summarize the history of dating from colonial times, naming at least one (1) important social behavioral norm per period.
6. Identify at least three (3) ways to communicate adult dating to children who are affected.
7. Distinguish between common dating experiences throughout a lifespan from 20s to over 60.
8. Understand how body language affects dating.
9. Examine ways to reframe negative thought patterns and establish new positive new thoughts to replace them.
10. Develop a realistic dating plan with clear goals for themselves or their clients.
11. Identify at least three (3) ways to practice safer online dating.
12. Identify at least five (5) questions to ask individuals who are ready to have sex with someone they are dating, to encourage physical and emotional safety and pleasure.
13. Explain the value of a sexual compatibility survey in the context of dating.
14. Understand how divorce or grieving affects dating safety and the desire to date.
15. Learn what dating conversation starters are effective and successful.
COURSE WORK FORMAT:
DATING Narrated Multimedia Presentation Video (1hr 20m)
Ask The Expert – Eva Nagorski, The Down & Dirty Dish of Revenge (12 minutes)
Ask The Expert – Lisa Steadman, Breaking Up Is Hard To Do (24 minutes)
Ask The Expert – Marc Mani on plastic surgery and self-°©‐confidence (8 minutes, 6
Your Sexual Personality e‐book (65 pages, estimated time to complete: 2 hr,10m)
The Sexpert Guide to 52 Weeks Of Sizzling Sex (21 pages, estimated time to complete:
3. Final Quiz – 25 questions (about 30 minutes)*
*If you are enrolled in our Certified Love Coach Program, Certified Master Sexpert Program or Certified Relationship Coach Program, you will be required to take an exam of 100, 50 or 30 questions respectively with a combination of multiple choice, true false and essay questions. A passing grade is 80%.
Students will be able to apply the knowledge and skills learned in this course for their own practice as relationship coaches, love coaches, wellness coaches, intimacy coaches, and other professional specialties such as educators, sexologists, counselors or therapists.
This course meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 4 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Please note that AASECT applies these credits on an individual basis, and LU cannot guarantee AASECT membership based on the completion of any LU course or program. Visit AASECT for more details: https://www.aasect.org/
This course is eligible for credit at the American College of Sexologists towards the 300 hours required for membership. Please note professional life experiences are also eligible for academic credit as determined by the discretion of the ACS International board, including researchers, documentary filmmakers, authors, adult toy retailers or other entrepreneurs in the field of sexual health and pleasure. Visit ACS for more details: http://www.americancollegeofsexologists.org/
This course is eligible for 4 CE credits – AASECT CE provider number: 18-916-LU
THIS IS AN ONLINE COURSE AT LOVEOLOGY UNIVERSITY®