Take a sneak peek at Loveology University’s “Power Play” course.
“Power Play” course synopsis:
Power Play explores Sado Masochism, Bondage, Discipline and Domination for sexual pleasure and fulfillment. Techniques include spanking zones, restraint styles and props, humiliation, domination and submission dialogue. You will learn how to bring these practices into a relationship with power play vocabulary including safe words and role-play scripts.
This course follows SMART learning objectives (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Phased). By the end of this course, students will understand and be able to:
1. Identify at least five (5) bondage scenarios and how they can be executed safely.
2. Differentiate between four different types of dominance / submission relationships.
3. Name and define the four (4) components to safe power play between adults.
4. Summarize the definition and importance of consent within BDSM activities.
5. Distinguish between nylon, hemp and cotton bondage ropes and explain how to determine appropriate lengths and restraint points for bondage.
6. Examine how the ‘Want, Will, Won’t’ list can be used to define boundaries for individuals and couples engaging in power play.
7. Develop a plan for clients to connect their current sexual behavior with more advanced power play activities to enhance their excitement and pleasure safely.
8. Identify at least five (5) types of bondage furniture and how it works.
9. Explain how at least five (5) different types of body restraints are used.
10. Learn how to form a Dragonfly knot and be able to demonstrate it for others.
COURSE WORK FORMAT:
POWER PLAY Narrated Multimedia Presentation Video (1hr 12m)
Dr. Ava’s Guide To Sensual BDSM for Couples, Zero Tolerance (2 videos 1 hour each = 2 hours)
Ask The Expert – BDSM with Sandra Daugherty (19 minutes, 33 seconds)
Final Quiz – 25 questions (about 30 minutes)*
*If you are enrolled in our Certified Love Coach Program, Certified Master Sexpert Program or Certified Relationship Coach Program, you will be required to take an exam of 100, 50 or 30 questions respectively with a combination of multiple choice, true false and essay questions. A passing grade is 80%.
Students will be able to apply the knowledge and skills learned in this course for their own practice as relationship coaches, love coaches, wellness coaches, intimacy coaches, and other professional specialties such as educators, sexologists, counselors or therapists.
This course meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 3 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Please note that AASECT applies these credits on an individual basis, and LU cannot guarantee AASECT membership based on the completion of any LU course or program. Visit AASECT for more details: https://www.aasect.org/
This course is eligible for credit at the American College of Sexologists towards the 300 hours required for membership. Please note professional life experiences are also eligible for academic credit as determined by the discretion of the ACS International board, including researchers, documentary filmmakers, authors, adult toy retailers or other entrepreneurs in the field of sexual health and pleasure. Visit ACS for more details: http://www.americancollegeofsexologists.org/
This course is eligible for 3 CE credits – AASECT CE provider number: 18-916-LU
THIS IS AN ONLINE COURSE AT LOVEOLOGY UNIVERSITY®